Guyana stands to earn tens of billions of US dollars over the next two decades from developing the burgeoning oil and gas sector. What does this mean for Guyana and, importantly, the hundreds of thousands in the Diaspora? What are the pathways to our collective prosperity? To answer some of these questions, The Guyana Business Journal & Magazine (GBJ), the Caribbean Policy Consortium, and Manchester Trade Inc., with the support of Guyana SPEAKS, and The Guyana UK Social Development Association will host a public forum Navigating a Changing Guyana: Pathways to Prosperity in the Era of Oil and Gas, a free public forum on Wednesday, August 16, from 5:00-9:00 p.m. at Chancellor’s Hall, Senate House, University of London.
This event will bring together experts from the private and public sectors in Guyana and the Diaspora to engage the audience and share views on these questions. Representatives of ExxonMobil will share a UK Diaspora Oil & Gas Update, and our two panels examine the Moment and the Opportunity for Guyana, and Emerging Business imperatives.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Mr. Carl Greenidge, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Advisor on Borders
- Mr. Allistair Routledge, President, Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Ltd
- Dr. Riyad Insanally, Former Guyanese Ambassador
- Dr. Juanita Cox, Guyana SPEAKS
- Dr. Rosh Khan, President – ACE Consulting Group, SocialRank Media, Masterclass Institute (FranklinCovey Guyana)
- Mr. Faizal Khan, Chairman, British Chamber of Commerce(BritCham) Guyana
The event will be live-streamed here