The Guyana Business Journal (GBJ) & Caribbean Policy Consortium welcome you to Episode XII of the Webinar Series, Transforming Guyana, Wednesday, May 10, 2023, at 10:30 AM EST.
Episode XII of Transforming Guyana looks at Guyana’s digitization strategy. We shine a light on the following areas:
1. A needs assessment – identify the primary sectors that need digitization and understand the current state of digital infrastructure, internet connectivity, and digital literacy levels across the country.
2. Priority sectors for digitization – based on the needs assessment, prioritize the sectors to be digitized. It could be healthcare, education, government services, or others.
3. Develop a comprehensive digitization plan – specific goals, timelines, and budgets.
4. Building digital infrastructure: Create and improve physical, digital infrastructure such as internet connectivity, power supply, data centers, and cloud infrastructure, among others.
5. Providing e-services and applications – implement electronic government services and applications that reduce bureaucracy and streamline operations. For example, digitizing tax collection, e-voting, etc.
6. Supporting digital literacy and education – access to digital education, training, and resources to teach people how to use digital tools, apps, and services.
7. Promoting e-commerce – incentives for e-commerce, including reducing taxes on e-commerce businesses and encouraging the acceptance of digital payments.
8. Investing in research and development – support for research and development in technology, especially in artificial intelligence, big data, and robotics.
9. Monitoring and evaluating success- collecting data to ensure that the digitization strategy is successful and meets the needs of the people in the country.
Dr. David Lewis & Dr. Terrence Blackman.
Comments are closed.