The Guyanese American Chamber of Commerce (GACC) and the Guyanese Business Journal & Magazine (GBJ), with the support of the Caribbean Policy Consortium, will host a public forum Navigating a Changing Guyana: Pathways to Prosperity in the Era of Oil and Gas, and cocktail reception on Wednesday, December 14th, 2022, from 4.30 p.m. at the Miramar Cultural Center, 2400 Civic Center Pl, Miramar, FL 33025, USA.
There’s no cost to attend. Please RSVP to email@example.com
Join us for two hours and hear public and private sector leaders from Guyana and the Diaspora discuss Guyana’s future and its intersection with the oil and gas industry in Guyana. We anticipate that tens of billions of U.S. dollars will find their way to Guyana over the next two decades because of these growing industries.
Find out how this could affect the country’s economy, the prosperity of people in Guyana, and the lives of the hundreds of thousands of Guyanese around the world.
Two panels will discuss:
- Pathways to Economic Prosperity in Guyana: An Oil and Gas Perspective
- Oil, the New Frontier for Guyana
Have your questions answered by The Guyanese Business Journal & Magazine (GBJ), The Guyanese American Chamber of Commerce (GACC), and The Caribbean Policy Consortium.
Speakers that have already been confirmed include:
- Carl Greenridge, Former Vice President of Guyana
- Riyad Insanally, Former Ambassador of Guyana to the USA
- Ivelaw Griffith, Former Vice Chancellor, University of Guyana
- Jerry Haar, Professor and Executive Director for the Americas, Florida International University
- Natasha Gaskin-Peters, Director, Centre for Local Business Development, Guyana
- Arthur Deakin, Director of Energy, Americas Market Intelligence
- Joel Bhagwandin, Director, SphereX Professional Services
- Onicka Jones, Public Relations Officer, The Private Sector Commission of Guyana Limited
Once again, the event will be held on Wednesday December 14th at 4:30 PM EST.
The address is 2400 Civic Center Place at the Miramar Cultural Center in Miramar, Florida.